Wednesday, July 26, 2006

does blogging need a reason?

[When I started blogging] I felt like a mosquito arriving at a nudist camp - not knowing where to start. There is so much to be written.

But never look a gift horse in the mouth (if you do not know thats because you can say how pure the breed of a horse is by examining its teeth). So I decided not to let there be any teething troubles and quickly fired off two salvos.

I know that like so many other bahaddars, the pace here will slacken as well. The race ka ghoda will start trotting, and stumbling. But I will try to get back every now and then and type my thoughts on this and that.

Anyway, that brings me to the quote of the blurb (as I henceforth - at least temporarily - christian these, as Jay would call them, thingies):

If you do not believe my words,
You should not believe my silence
-Ashish Mahabal aka aschig

(So many people are ready to believe
your silence, but not your words).

This was prompted by
(1) seeing the picture of the famous roaring Niagara falls with the following quote:
If you do not understand my silence,
you will not understand my words
and,
(2) seeing too many gullible people and too many overcautious people (incidentally both creeds share the amazing quality that they fear the compassionate God).

So, for those who do not believe my words, even if you do not see any new postings from me (equivalent to my silence), you should not believe the silence and assume I have posted something and not believe THAT and ... (I lost track).

PS: I recently read Ray Bradbury's "Zen in the art of writing" and decided its a worthy thing to experiment (and since I have guinea horses, I took the bait). Read the book. Its great.

Write at least a page a day (well, may be a page a week).

No comments: